MAC REBEL DUPE // topshop the damned

- This was posted as a guest post on Bethan's blog A Messy Little Raindrop but I thought I'd share it on my blog too! -

I'm a huge lover of dark lipstick, and I love the Autumn/Winter months as dark lips are a key trend every year. I picked up Mac's satin lipstick in Rebel quite a few months ago for £15 and I love it! It's a dark plum/pink with a semi-matte finish and insane staying power.
After wanting to try Topshop Lipsticks for the longest time, I featuring 'The Damned' in my recent haul and later discovered the shade is so similar to Rebel, just slightly lighter. I actually prefer the formula of the Topshop one, as it's alot smoother and so moisturising it feels like a lip-balm! Although, Rebel has a longer staying-power, which fades evenly.

Side-by-side both shades look practically identical, and even when putting the above photo together, I had difficulty telling them apart! Topshop lipsticks are available for £8, so just over half the price of the Mac ones. If you're after Mac's Rebel, definitely go for Topshop's offering first if you're not wanting to invest in the £15 price tag!

Found any Mac dupes? 




2 comments:

  1. Oooooh! I have rebel and I love it. Both dupes are amazing on you!!! <3

    xx Brigette | http://www.brigetteramos.com

    ReplyDelete