e.l.f. brush shampoo



nothing better than freshly-cleaned brushes!

A few weeks ago in my e.l.f. cosmetics haul, I included the e.l.f. brush shampoo as the only product I hadn't yet tried out.

I finally got round to using it, after putting off the chore of brush-cleaning, and thought I'd share my thoughts on it!

Face brushes: When cleaning dense face brushes (like the Real Technique's Expert Face Brush) I found it to be just as good as normal shampoo which I previously used. I always find it takes longer to clean this brish in particular and to get it completely white at the top of the brissles, so didn't really see a change from what I normally use. 

I found less-dense ones to be easier to clean (e.g. the Multi-Task briush from Real Technique's) and found the e.l.f. shampoo cleaned them deeper and slightly quicker too, but no massive improvement.

I own two e.l.f. face brushes and wanted to see how they cleaned with the brush cleaner from the same brand. The Complexion Brush is my favourite of the two and this cleaned just as well as what I've used before. The Powder Brush (bought at the same time as the shampoo) I mentioned shed a lot, and there was no change when cleaning it, yet after I found it shed less when using it...maybe all that cleaning got rid of the majority of loose brissles? 

Eye brushes: This is where I was really impressed with the product! So much faster. I cleaned my most used eye brushes: RT Base Shadow and Deluxe Crease and found they cleaned so much faster and deeper compared to my usual shampoo. The tips of the brissles became the whitest I've seen them since they were new. 

For the price, this is a good product and is definitely worth a try if you're looking to try a new brush cleaner.












No comments:

Post a Comment