making it work | an unloved lipstick


Quite a while ago, I picked up this Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in the shade 180 Vintage Pink. I'd wanted to try this range for so long, and was so excited to buy this. Only when I got home and tried it on I realised the shade did not suit me. Gutted. I gave it a few more goes but it just wasn't working and so it lived in a Muji drawer for a few months un-touched.


After discovering the world of combining lip-colours to make your own (post here on Hooked On Beauty! shameless plug) I brought out Vintage Pink and decided to experiment.


individual swatches// vintage pink above, rebel below

I chose to mix it with a dark purply/pink shade which I adore on it's own anyway, Mac's satin lipstick in Rebel. The end product is a flower-orchid, glossy purple which I never thought would suit me, but I actually really love it and think it's a shade which can be worn all year round!

What do you think? Any lip combos you've discovered?



No comments:

Post a Comment