mac haulin'

Mac Cosmetic brands is one of those brands which I've always lusted over and since buying my first lipstick last Christmas, I've become a bit of a collector for them. This month I've beaten a record and bought two in one month...I did have my reasons...who can say no to discounted makeup?!


The first was on my way to my summer holiday in Turkey in mid-july, and who can say no to duty-free makeup? I knew I wanted a pink and had had a look online at ones I was looking out for which included Impassioned and Girl About Town. However, I was disapointed to see there was a lack of lipstick shades at the Mac store but I did manage to grab the last one of 'All Fired Up' which is a gorgeous bright pink shade. It's a matte shade and I absolutely love it, especially as the formula isn't very drying. I definitely would've bought a second at the same time but none of the other shades on offer really caught my eye. I wanted to pick up a pigment too, but there also weren't any there at the dutyfree store. Nevertheless I walked away very happy with a beautiful lippie to add to my collection!



The excuse story for my second and final purchase was National Lipstick Day (best day of the year...ever.) and Debenham's rude-to-refuse offer of £5 off lipsticks. It was online and for one day only and decided to have a snoop. After being lured at dutyfree by YSL lipsticks, I decided to look there first, but still at £20 each, I couldn't justify it...one day I will own one! Instead I (of course) opted for Mac. When looking on there, the shade I wanted (Pattiserie - a beautiful natural pink) was out of stock so I spent about half-an-hour (no exaggeration...there's so much choice!) googling swatches of available shades that caught my eye. I settled on the cremesheen lipstick in Party Line. One I've never heard of, but I'm a sucker for deep red
autumn shades so I knew I'd love it.

all fired up // party line
I think it's pretty safe to say I won't be buying another lipstick for a while - yet Patisserie is next on my list!

Have you bought any Mac products lately? What's your favourite Mac shade?





12 comments:

  1. Both of these colours look gorgeous on you :) I love MAC lipsticks!

    Laura x
    LookAtMyClothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! as do i...the formulas and shades are amazing...not to mention the scent! xx

      Delete
  2. They both really suit you. I love All Fired up, I think I need it :) I also got sucked in by world lipstick day & spent ages looking at swatches
    Beth x
    mermaidindisguise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. thankyou! and All Fired Up is so lovely for summer, I say buy it! and did you end up picking anything up? (: x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Party line is such a lovely colour! Definitely a must buy for A/W. :)

    Great post xx
    littlejesscat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is! such a lovely shade and not spoken about enough! x

      Delete
  5. I really like both those shades, you wear them so well. I'm definitely tempted to buy Party Line for Autumn. X

    Barbie Sparkles | UK Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou, and do it! it's perfect for autumn/winter xx

      Delete
  6. I've never bought a MAC lipstick before but I think I'd defiently consider purchasing these shades, beautiful post :)x
    pugsandflowers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so lovely, and definitely worth investing in because of the quality and wide range of shades! Thankyou xx

      Delete